Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Idea Web
Starting with my name, I then choose words that I felt represented myself. Branching out from those adjectives are words that could inspire distinct images.


Brand Name & Principles
Robert S. Pearson
Reliability - Skill - Professionalism

Font Choices
Now that I understand the key points I want to portray, I have chosen fonts that articulate their definitions aesthetically.
  • Reliability can be articulated by a bold font that has some ware and tare. It shows strength and reliability through tough or adverse times.
  • Professionalism can be represented by the font it's self. Something clean and recognizable.
  • Skill can come in the overall arraignment of the text, and font selection.

Color Choices
I have decided to choose a color that best represent each service I provide. This will allow me to provide variety between each service, but maintain consistency in my logo, web site, business card and so forth.

Fiction- Encompasses my work as a narrative story teller, and is what my work as a director and producer has mostly been geared towards.

Commercial- Although there are many opportunities to be creative when doing commercial work, there is no arguing that the purpose is to make money.

Private- Typically when doing privet work there isn't a lot of room for creativity. I am often documenting something that the client wants to be able to look back at for years to come, and although there are financial benefits the work can also be very rewarding.

I like the idea of using Earthy tones as I feel the artistic process is organic, it represents my personal views, and the aesthetic lends it's self to each area mentioned above.

Light Gold for Fiction
Green for Commercial
Soft Mulberry for Private


Note that the mulberry (purple) is on the opposite end of the color wheel from gold, articulating the contrast between Private and Fictional work. One being the manifestation of creativity and the other exemplifying technical skill providing little to no interference with the subject(s).

Other Color Swatches
  • Red Gold Black
  • Red Silver Black
  • Red White Blue
  • Red White Black
  • Dark Grey Light Gray Black
  • Green Blue Tan
  • Black Silver Blue

Logo Ideas
Now that I have made decisions about what I want to represent, and how I want to articulate that with color, I can design my logos.

Filmmaking- camera, director's chair, viewfinder, lens, clap board
Skill- hands, complexity, gears
Professionalism- business clothes, overcoming obstacles
Reliability- water, time

1st Logo Concept
Business Cards with 1st Logo


Flat Book Layout with 1st Logo


2nd Logo Concept

Business Cards with 2nd Logo (tall)


Business Cards with 2nd Logo (wide)


Flat Book Layout with 2nd Logo
3rd Logo Concept
Business Cards with 3rd Logo

Flat Book Layout with 3rd Logo


2 comments:

Jessica said...

I like all the designs you've created so far. I like the lightbulb one the most though because its more interesting than just your initials. I think that if you do decide to use that in the long term you should get it patented. Although what I liked about your second design is the way you incorporated the three words to describe you. Maybe you could find a way to incorporate both together? Just a thought, but you've done really well with these! I can't wait to see the third.

Jamie Porazinski said...

I like your ideas as well, your light bulb is a powerful one. I am partial to the red and gold and the silver and red. What would be a neat idea to me is picking three of your most power color choices and printing them. Have different colored cards. But than again that could be confusing if it's done wrong. But these are powerful enough for you to pull that off. Rawr!